Exascale has successfully obtained a grant from the Scottish Government to assist in the improvement of the Internet infrastructure in Scotland. Exascale will build a Point of Presence (PoP) in Pulsant’s South Gyle Data Centre to complement Exascale’s existing Points of Presence in London, Cheltenham and Manchester.
Exascale will be interconnecting with LINX Scotland at Pulsant’s South Gyle Data Centre, where Exascale’s network will also be connected via Diverse Fibre to their Manchester Point of Presence.
Exascale believe interconnecting in Scotland will localise traffic originating in Scotland (via Ethernet or Broadband) and also route traffic from Exascale’s other network Points of Presence destine for Scotland via LINX Scotland. This will ensure all traffic is kept within Exascale’s network lowering latency for end users in Scotland, and for users connected to Exascale’s network in the rest of the U.K.
What’s more Exascale’s growing portfolio of Anycast DNS and CDN services will also be deployed within Pulsant’s South Gyle Data Centre to localise traffic in Scotland, further lowering latency for users and businesses alike.
Exascale will offer its entire product portfolio from Pulsant’s South Gyle Data Centre: IP Transit, MPLS IP, L2TP Handoff, Ethernet and Pseudowires to any of our on-net locations.
Established in 2009 Exascale is a U.K. business Internet Service Provider (ISP) with points of presence in London, Cheltenham, Manchester and most recently Edinburgh. Exascale provides Broadband, Fibre Broadband, L2TP Handoff, MPLS IP, Leased Lines, Managed Cloud Services and Dedicated Servers.
Exascale provides services to the Logistics, Education, Software, IT and Consultancy industries.
Whether you’re a new business that needs to get online for the first time or you’re an existing business that needs a better connection, there’s a lot to consider. As a business, when you’re looking for a new internet provider you’re likely to find yourself faced with a lot of different options. Not only are there are a number of internet providers available, but each of those internet providers will offer an array of connection options. So, how do you know which internet provider to choose?
What To Consider When Choosing an Internet Provider
When it comes to connecting online as a business, it’s important that you have the very best internet connection available to you. Here are the things every business should consider:
- Connection Options: Different internet providers will be able to offer different connection options, and it’s important to choose the one that best suits your business and its needs. For example, a leased line works best for many but some businesses choose an alternative.
- Down Time: Poor connections and down time can result in financial losses to a business as well as causing a great deal of inconvenience, but with a good internet provider and a strong connection this can be avoided.
- Internet Speed: Internet speed can vary hugely, but it’s actually one of the most important things a business should consider. A quick download and upload speed cuts down on buffering, slow loading pages and lagging video connections. Plus, it ensures downloading and uploading important documents is quick and easy.
- Location of Data Centres: Having a connection with data centres nearby can make a huge difference to the way your internet connection functions. It is much easier to stay aware of any changes or problems when a data centre is local.
- Level of Customer Support: The chances are, at some point during your time using an internet provider you will need customer support; this could be to report a problem, change your agreement or to find out more about a new service. An internet provider with a high level of customer support can be a huge benefit, especially when an issue arises and repairs need to be made promptly.
When it comes to connecting online as a business, Exascale can help. With a range of internet options available, we are able to provide you with everything needed to ensure your business has the best connection possible. Contact us today to find out more.